Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Girl Invasion

With the hurricane threat come and gone, I woke up one day to the news that something else was about to hit us--company. Lisa and I took a train to NYC to met Karen and Jessea, saw some city sights, then we all boarded another train and returned to our boat.

We didn't have much time, but we hit Penn Station, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Ground Zero and the highlight of the day-- a stop at a bead store.


I was amused as I watched NYC pedestrians bounce off the sidewalk as the backpack brigade plowed through the city.

Give me another month as their tour guide and I think I could convince them not to say hi to everyone they pass on the sidewalk--or maybe not. You can take the girl out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the girl.


Karen, Lisa and Jessea at Times Square. 


As I said before, it was Jessie, then Jessi, then Jessie again. Now I am informed it is Jessea, but that is not official at this time. So from here on I will use Jess until further confirmation.


The ladies couldn't figure out what a cowboy was doing in the middle of New York City.


Jess and her Aunt Lisa gracing a landing at Grand Central Station.

We took the scenic route on the subway to Ground Zero. Karen wanted to see Harlem right? Something about getting on the northbound instead of the southbound.


Lots of construction going on around Ground Zero.


Hmmm. Karen says this is from a wet dinghy ride. Out of respect, we will take her word for it. The chop was up, and she was the only one sitting on the windward side--somebody had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment