Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sag Harbor.

Once the threat of bad weather passed, we left Three Mile Harbor and made the 10 mile trip to Sag Harbor. We were told it's a great stop and not to miss it. We agree, and ended up staying a week. There are a lot of very large boats both at the marina as well as anchored out in the harbor.

 
Pretty wooden sailboat.

 
This boat was anchored right next to us. The pump out guy told us it belongs to Billy Joel. Beware of the pump out guys, they know all the dirty secrets.

 
This guy was on our other side. Lisa doesn't like him because he has a loud generator.

 
These guys were behind us.

Despite the mega money here, we really like Sag Harbor a lot. It is very boater friendly, it's a nice town to walk around in, and it satisfies the five I's of cruising:
1) I need a good place to anchor.
2) I need a place to land the dinghy.
3) I need a place to do laundry.
4) I need a grocery store.
5) I need a Post Office.

This is every bit as important as reading, riting, and rithmitic. Next up is Block Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment