Monday, July 20, 2009

New York City II

While we were in Manhattan, we walked the financial district, saw Ground Zero (in the financial district), went to Grand Central Station, Times Square, 79th Street Boat Basin, Central Park, Canal Street, Macy's, Soho, Greenwich Village, TriBeCa. We walked and walked and ate great pizza.

When you look at the miles and miles of tall buildings, it's hard to believe there are ONLY 8.4 million people here--give or take 100. It reminds me of Frisco, Texas. We enjoyed our time in New York City, but are ready to move on.

 
A pretty church.

 
Central Park.

 
I found this beautiful woman on top of a castle in Central Park.

I think Obama has been stalking us. When we were in Annapolis, the Coast Guard shut down the river we were on because he came to town. Then, while we are riding the ferry from Manhattan, the Coast Guard shut down the East River because he was stalking us again.


 
So I decided to go look for him. He must have left just before I got there. Hint--you have to blow up (no pun intended) the picture.

This is in front of the Trump International Hotel and Tower. I am not picking my nose. I'm thinking really hard. Concentrating really hard. It took 4 days of experiencing NYC, but now I've got culture. I am sophisticated. I couldn't bring myself to watch men in tights dance around, but would you look at this work of genius that's in front of me. I'm not there with the French yet, but look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment